Sunday, September 19, 2010

Big weekend for llamas

It's been a very busy weekend for the llamas. Friday, Katy gave birth to a beautiful black and white boy, and Saturday in the middle of our Open Farm Day, someone noticed that Tuscany was walking on three legs. When we brought him into the barn, we realized he had three or four puncture wounds on the joint of his front right leg, so he probably had been in a scuffle with a coyote. On Monday, I'll tell you all about the new cria -- with photos -- and on Tuesday, I'll give you more on Tuscany's injury and how he's doing, but we're still in the middle of a very busy weekend, so I'll leave you with this photo of three of the does and Big Mama llama.


Left to right, the does are Annie, Scandal, and Lizzie. I think they may have been feeling a little ignored the past few days, because this morning when I was out in the pasture taking pictures of the new baby llama, they set themselves up in this picture-perfect pose for me!

1 comment:

LindaG said...

Congratulations on the new addition!
Hope Tuscany will be okay.

Have a good week!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails