Saturday, May 8, 2010

Cicada's triplet bucklings

We were batting a thousand last weekend as we missed all three births. Cicada freshened Sunday in the early afternoon with triplet bucks.
They're almost a week old now, and they're not holding their ears up with any regularity.
In fact, most of the time, their ears are seriously floppy. Since Cicada is a first freshener, the little guys were destined to be sold as pets anyway, so I'm not terribly upset by the ears, which would be a disqualification in the show ring.
I'm glad they're bucks, because someone will probably think those ears are really cute. Hey, I do! They just don't match the score card, which says Nigerians should have erect ears.

7 comments:

LindaG said...

Definitely three cuties. :)
Have a good weekend!

Claire MW said...

What a cute little group! I am surprised at the consistency in the colouring among the three of them, and yet the difference in Cicada's colouring. What was the buck like?

Chef E said...

I could scream with excitement when I see these photos. I think in a former life I was meant to be a goat herder :)

Erect ears or not, they are winners to me!

Deborah Niemann said...

Thanks, ladies!

Claire, the buck is mostly brown with a black cape over his shoulders (called buckskin in goats and not at all the same as the horse color by the same name). He has a white spot on one side, but his kids tend to be seriously spotted.

Nancy K. said...

How adorable! I especially love the first photo. Don't you think their ears will come up with time? I agree ~ they'll make someone some awesome pets!

Deborah Niemann said...

Normally the ears are standing within a few hours, so the more time passes, the less I think it's going to happen. The one with the most black on the front of his body was holding up both ears today, but the other two are still not looking good. Only time will tell!

Nanny Goats In Panties said...

Can I just scream OMG!? They are so cute. Oh wait, I just noticed I'm not the only one who wants to scream.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails