Sunday, May 13, 2007

Good news, bad news

The good news is that Lowe's had a sale on fruit trees -- 75% off! I bought a total of 18 trees, including apple, peach, pear, and plum. I paid $4 to $5 for each one. I went there to buy a couple of apple trees, assuming I'd be paying $20 each for them, to replace the trees the goats killed. I saw the sale and wound up buying a lot more! I could only buy four at a time because that's all that would fit in the van, so I made multiple trips. Whenever I was in the neighborhood, I'd drop by and get four more. Mike has planted all of them, and we're looking forward to them maturing in the next few years and providing us with lots of delicious fruit!

The bad news is that something ate more of my tomato plants, including four of the ones that were about a foot tall. They were eaten down to the dirt!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails