Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

I just wanted to write a brief post today to tell all of you how thankful I am that you're a part of my life (whether or not you're in the U.S. today celebrating Thanksgiving). I don't even remember why I started this blog four years ago, but I know that today I keep writing because of you. I appreciate all of the feedback -- yes, all of it. Of course, it feels good when people "get it" and agree with me, but it's also important when I know that I haven't done a good job of communicating my ideas. I know we don't have all the answers about food, animal husbandry, sustainability, and definitely not gardening, but we love to keep trying, and if I can help just one of you avoid some of my mistakes, then it's worth it for me to keep writing. And if you're reading this to live vicariously through me, that's cool too. We talked about this for nine years before taking the plunge and moving out here, so I really believe that everything happens in its own time, whenever it's meant to happen. We can't push the creek to make it move faster.

Now, I have to get down to the kitchen and start peeling vegetables, stuffing the turkey, mixing up the bread dough and a dozen other things. Company is coming in four hours, and people always expect a lot of good food when they visit. Can't say I blame them. I expect a lot of good food from my kitchen every day.

2 comments:

CONEFLOWER said...

Hope your cooking went as well as it sounded in the planning. Yummmmmmm.

There was just the two of us plus Rory. We roasted a 3lb Cornish hen, brined and then basted with David's special baste. I made rice stuffing (rice with sauteed chopped onion and celery with salt and lots of sage). I also made my special cranberry relish which is a tradition now. Also had spinach and mashed potatoes.

We have much to be thankful for as do you, I'm sure.

One thing is thank you for your blog. It's so very enjoyable.

Abiga/Karen said...

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving. Thanks for all the great info and advice, be blessed.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails