Friday, September 27, 2013

Where in the world is Deborah?


Today I'm home working on the farm and catching up on email and blog posts, but last weekend I was at the Mother Earth News Fair in Seven Springs, Pennsylvania, and yesterday, I spoke at the National Goat Expo in Bloomington, Illinois. On October 12-13, I'll be speaking at the Mother Earth News Fair in Lawrence, Kansas. (If you're there, be sure to introduce yourself!)


I also have some television appearances coming up to promote my new book, Raising Goats Naturally. I really didn't think that anyone would want me on a talk show promoting a goat book because few people actually have goats. However, last year after an interview on the Paula Sands Show in Iowa, the producer asked if I was working on another book, and as soon as I said it was about goats, he and Paula both said I had to come back to talk about it when it was released -- and one of them immediately asked, "Can you bring a goat?"

So, I am bringing a goat. It will be interesting. I've decided to take Agnes because she is the "resident goat expert" and has her own Twitter page. So far, she only has two engagements booked, but the first one is next Friday, October 4. I'm trying not to think about it too much. I have a really active imagination and tend to think that Mr. Murphy runs my life. (You know Murphy's Rule, right?)At least this segment will be taped, so I know I won't be the new star of a viral video about a goat gone wild in a television studio. If it goes okay, we might consider contacting a few more television stations.

2 comments:

Purl2562 said...

It was great to hear your talk on goats at the MEN fair here in PA. I couldn't spend too much time away from our booth (Rainbow Mtn Alpacas), but I used my break to go to your presentation! I went to the two you had the year before too. Keep it up, I love reading your stuff! But, take some time for you too!

Deborah Niemann said...

Thanks for commenting! Glad to know you enjoyed my talks. Be sure to say "hi" next year at the MEN Fair!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails