Wednesday, January 16, 2008

What's for dinner? Cloned steak!

Looks like the FDA is really going to let cloned meat into the food supply without any labeling requirements, as well as milk from cloned animals. This sounds crazy, but it's true.According to one story, there are already 570 cloned animals in the United States. I'm glad I haven't eaten any commercially produced meat in the last 19 years. Who knows what is already in meat that we don't know about -- in addition to all the antibiotics and growth hormones that we do know about. It amazes me that we're supposed to trust the government to monitor the safety of our food when they claim that things like BHA, BHT, pesticide residues, growth hormones, and antibiotics are ALL safe! Yet, they fight tooth and nail to keep little farmers from selling raw milk or farmstead cheese or animals butchered on the farm. So, if you live in the city and eat only FDA-approved foods, it looks like you'll be having genetically modified tomatoes in your salad, cloned steak laced with growth hormones and antibiotics, along with your pesticide-laden potatoes. Yum! And it's all safe and nutritious!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I just nominated you for a "You Make My Day Award," because I appreciate your thoughtful posts on conscientious agriculture. Visit my blog if you'd like more info.

Deborah Niemann said...

Aw, thanks, Michelle! I'm glad you like my blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails