Thursday, September 12, 2013

The book has landed!



Monday I had a phone meeting with my publicist from my publisher, and she told me that my latest book, Raising Goats Naturally, had just come off the press on Friday. Copies were being drop-shipped to me so that I will have them available when I speak at the National Goat Expo in a couple of weeks. However, she said that it could take up to ten days for the books to reach me.


Imagine my surprise when we got a phone call Tuesday morning from a trucking company asking if we would be home to accept delivery that afternoon!


It was a semi truck, so he had to park on the road. My son had the excellent idea to drive our truck out there and back it up to the semi so we could get the books closer to the house before we had to actually carry them. We are into working hard out here, but no one wants to do any extra labor when it's 97 degrees out!

I immediately ripped open one of the boxes and pulled out a book!


It is truly amazing when you actually get to hold your book in your hand for the very first time. I flipped through the pages, looking at pictures, reading passages, and even getting all choked up and teary eyed when reading the "Final Thoughts" again.

The book sat on my desk just to the right of my computer for the rest of Tuesday, and I did a double-take every time I saw it. After so many months of planning and writing and sweating, it's hard to believe it's finally here!

It will take two or three weeks to get to stores, but for those of you who really want a copy now, I have a special price with free shipping until the end of this month. Click here for details! For those of you who prefer ebooks, it will be available on Nook, Kindle, etc within a few weeks.

3 comments:

Spinners End Farm said...

Congrats! No goats here, but it looks like a lovely book.

Lisa said...

Ordered and waiting... so excited!

Mary Ann said...

Love that cover photo, and can't wait to see the book!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails