Sunday, January 3, 2010

Scarf for charity


Last summer I donated a custom scarf to the Brenda Novak's Auction to Benefit Diabetes Research. The winner would get to choose what color scarf she wanted, and I'd make it and send it to her along with the story behind it. She asked for a long, thin, gray scarf, so this is what I designed and made. I'll mail it, along with pictures and the life stories of Rambrandt the Shetland sheep and Sterling the llama.

In case you knitters are curious how it's made. I cast on 185 stiches using size 13 circular needles, then used only a knit stitch, except for the fifth row and the fifth from last row, where I knit two together, then yarned over, and repeated for the entire row, except for the first five and last five stitches.

So, the scarf is now done and ready to go in the mail. I hope she likes it!

4 comments:

SkippyMom said...

Stunning! And such a wonderful charity.

You knitters just make me drool. I want to know how. I need to find someone to swap quilting lessons for knitting lessons. :)

Nice job!

Deborah Niemann said...

Thanks! Too bad you're not closer, or I'd take you up on that. I made a quilt last year -- probably the simplest pattern out there. It was supposed to be one of those that you can make in an afternoon, but it took me considerably longer! I have a LOT to learn about quilting.

Deborah Niemann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kara said...

VERY NICE!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails