Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Spring guilt

Today was one of those days where I wound up feeling really guilty for not getting more done. Yeah, there is a lot to be done around here! I should have made soap, trimmed goats' hooves, worked in the garden, etc.

To my credit, I did make yogurt, but I spent way too much time on the computer. I spent about an hour in the goat pasture, sitting on a log, petting whomever walked up to me. I also put some goats outside who had been in the barn for the past three weeks with a buck, hopefully getting bred. It was fun to watch the group dynamics as they re-entered the herd. There was a great deal of head butting and goats climbing all over each other ... "I'm the alpha!" "NO! I'm the herd queen!" "No! Me!"

Spring should be a time of energy, right? Katherine took today's picture of the robin in front of the daffodils. I am oh-so-optimistic about tomorrow ...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails