Sunday, May 13, 2012

Flood

This past week has been an absolute blur. Things have calmed down for the moment, so I'm hoping to get you updated on what's been happening. They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so here you go!

Last Sunday (a week ago), only two days after the "hurricane" we had a flood --


No, we don't own lakefront property. 


And when we flood water receded, we had a mess --


All of the pastures that were flooded in the above pictures were fenced, either with electric fencing or temporary electric netting. We already learned our lesson with woven wire. Still, this was a big mess to deal with.

We were not even done cleaning up from the storm a couple days earlier, which cracked seven trees and laid them down on fences, and then we had to deal with this.

At least the goats were happy -- they had a new bridge for crossing the creek!


 That was last Monday, and life just got more interesting all week!

7 comments:

Amy Dingmann said...

Oh my gosh! When it rains, it pours at your place! I hope that things are ok and I wish you the best in getting things back together. Of course the goats will find a way to deal with (or cause trouble) the new landscape! :)

Heather's Blog said...

I would have loved to have been there when you guys were flooded. I just got an underwater camera!

Mrs Pretzel said...

HOLY. MOLY.

J. M. Strother said...

Ouch. So sorry about the damage. Good luck with the clean up.
~jon

Patty said...

Oh, my...If you haven't sat down and bawled yet, you're a much stronger woman than I am. Everything looks beautifully lush and green though!

~~Melissa said...

Yikes! I hope it all becomes a distant memory before to long and clean up is not too arduous. I have to admit the goat on the "bridge" is rather sweet!

pachmarhi hotels said...

I was just now searching for about this when I discovered your post. I’m just stopping by to say that I really enjoyed reading this post, it’s very well written.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails