Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Holiday shopping on the farm this weekend

Saturday and Sunday after Thanksgiving, we'll open the farm for holiday shopping from 1 to 5 p.m. each day.

We'll have roving available in a variety of natural colors, 100% Shetland wool yarn, llama-Shetland blend yarn, raw fleeces, 100% Old English Southdown quilt batting from Snuggles, lambskins in a variety of natural colors, and of course, goat milk soap. Accessories, such as knitting needles, crochet hooks, and felting kits will also be available.

You can order custom-made scarves, which include the story of the sheep and/or llama that produced the fiber used to make the scarf.

We'll be knitting and spinning all day Saturday, and you're welcome to join us with your wheel or needles, and if you want to learn to knit or spin, we'll be offering free lessons.

A soapmaking class is scheduled for Sunday afternoon at 2:00. The cost is $32, and you'll take home a small loaf of soap, which has a retail value of $24. Reservations are required for the soapmaking class, because space is limited, so email if you're interested.

If you're willing to brave the cold, you can meet Julia Child and James Beard, our new American Guinea Hogs, who will hopefully be making piglets in 2011.

4 comments:

The Little Red Hen said...

I'm curious, what do you do with the lamb skins?

Deborah Niemann said...

I have one on my desk chair. Makes for a warm bottom in winter and no sweaty legs in summer. I wanted to have one as a rug next to my bed, but when I put it on the floor, my little bichon peed on it. I used to have one for my babies all those years ago. They're also good for people who are bed ridden. They help prevent bed sores.

Emily Cole said...

I would SOOOO love to come for a visit! The soapmaking class would be a wonderful birthday present for myself, and it would be fun to sit and knit and see all of the yarns and roving you have. Alas, I'm in North Carolina... it's a bit too far to drive. :( I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and weekend after!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails