Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Pineapple pork roast

This is a great recipe for busy days, because you can put it all together the night before and stick it in the frig to wait. In fact, I like to put it in the frig the night before so it can marinate. About 90 minutes before you want to have dinner, just pop it in the oven at 350 degrees F.

Put the following in a 9X9 baking dish in this order:
pork roast
sprinkle 1/4 cup brown sugar on roast
pour 1/4 cup vinegar over sugar and roast
spread a can of unsweetened, crushed pineapple on roast and in pan
sprinkle with salt
cover with foil

That's it! Keep it covered when you put it in the oven. After an hour, check it with a meat thermometer, and continue to cook until it's cooked to your desired level of "doneness."

You're on your own with the zucchini casserole, as I am still working to find one that I really love. If you have a good one, please feel free to post it in the comment section.

For more blog posts on real food check out Real Food Wednesday at Kelly the Kitchen Kop.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

I mostly make the zucchini patties that we LOVE. If you do a search on my blog, the recipe there. Posted it last year and got a lot of positive responses. I also have a casserole recipe I'll dig out when I have time.

Kristin said...

This looks great. We usually just do plain pork roast but will have to try this recipe this week. Thanks for sharing!

Carolina Trekker said...

My husband loves pineapple and I will try your "Pineapple pork roast." What kind of vinegar did you use?

Deborah Niemann said...

Good question, Carolina Trekker. We use apple cider vinegar. That's one of those things where you really should read the label, sadly. Some things sold as apple cider vinegar are just plain vinegar with flavor and coloring added.

Kristin, my son is a huge pineapple fan, so he's always asking me to make pineapple everything -- chicken, pork, pizza, turkey, etc.

Unknown said...

GREAT!!! recipe I love the idea of pineapple in the recipe. I love pineapple. THANKS!!! Geri

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails