Sunday, June 21, 2009

Berry-picking time has begun


I ate my first fresh mulberries a few days ago and had my first mulberry muffins on Wednesday. I love mulberry muffins. I just use a blueberry muffin recipe and substitute mulberries. Now, we're talking about making mulberry smoothies made with our homemade yogurt.

Cherries are also starting to ripen, and at the end of this month, we will be drowning in raspberries that grow wild in the woods. At the end of July, it will be time for blackberries.

Happy Father's Day to all the dads who read my blog!

2 comments:

J. M. Strother said...

When I was a kid I loved the mulberry bush in the back yard. Yes, I know it's a tree, but our mulberry had been cut down long ago, so had multiple boughs growing from the grown giving it a big bush-like profile. We climbed in it, we ate berries from it, built tree houses in it - it was a large part of my life.

Now I'd just as soon they stay out of my gardens.
~jon

SkippyMom said...

Gorgeous. I love our wild berry bushes. And all the pick your own we have within an hours distance.

blueberry pie...mmmmmmm

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails