Thursday, July 1, 2010

A sign

When we first moved out here eight years ago, it never occurred to me that we needed a sign. And it wasn't until recently that visitors began complaining that we didn't have a sign. Since my oldest daughter created a logo for us a few years ago, I figured we would just transfer that to a large piece of wood and paint it. But a sign is not urgent, and around here, a lot of things get left undone because they are not urgent. One thing I am slowly learning is that I really can't do everything, even though I want to. Although I am perfectly capable of painting a sign, I finally realized it was one of those things that was not going to happen anytime soon. So, when another goat breeder mentioned that she had her sign done by Tammie DeHart, I immediately visited her website and emailed her for more information. And now, we have a sign.

4 comments:

Leigh, Andrea Leigh Gil said...

And a beautiful sign it is! Thanks for the link, we have been needing one also, but time is an issue for me as well.... I wonder if she builds compost bins and hay mangers too!?haha
-Leigh

SkippyMom said...

It looks wonderful!

You just gave me the perfect idea for a Christmas gift for my beloved inlaws. Thank you!

Chef E said...

That fence and sign remind me of a garden I had while in Union MO, I drew it, then used a wood burner to carve it out- got lots of compliments on my 'Ane's Garden' sign,and my 'Goat's and Rabbits not wanted' :)

LindaG said...

Awesome! Congratulations! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails