Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Andi's twin does


Andromeda, whom we call Andi, also gave birth last Wednesday on St. Patrick's Day, which was a perfect day to give birth to two fiery redheads. Katherine said they were both screaming their lungs out as soon as they were born. It was another textbook perfect birth, and the little darlings are doing quite well.


It's very tempting to keep one of them because the genetics say that they should be outstanding milkers. I keep telling myself that I need to cut back, but . . .

8 comments:

Nancy K. said...

What a beautiful, healthy looking trio, Mama goat and her daughters are! What a "Pitcher" (pun intended) perfect family...

Genny said...

I don't know how you can bear not to keep them all. I know it's not possible, but oh, they're so wonderfully adorable. I definitely want a pygmy goat when I retire.

Deborah Niemann said...

Thanks, ladies! It is VERY hard to not keep them all! But obviously I can't. I've only had five does kid, and already I'm saying that I'm keeping three. This is not a good way to start the year!

Genny, if you want all these cool colors and spots, you'll have to get Nigerian dwarf goats. Pygmies come in much more boring colors, and I've never met anyone who was raising them for milk. And you'll need two, because they're herd animals and get lonely if they're alone. :)

Anonymous said...

Very cute Deborah!

So what is the theme with these kids?

WG4

Deborah Niemann said...

Greek mythology. Got any ideas?

Debbie said...

Your red heads are beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm.....don't know much about greek mythology, but here are a few I came up with!

Althaia,
Ambrosia,
Dareia,
Dido,

???

Genny said...

Two sounds perfect :o) When you said Greek mythology, I immediately thought of the Pleiades. I like Maia and Halcyon. Just sayin'.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails