Tuesday, April 11, 2006

New kid on the farm

Hercules seems to have survived his first night at Antiquity Oaks. He is eagerly gulping down his bottles, but he doesn't seem very interested in hay or grain. I wanted to get a picture of him, but he is so friendly, he rarely got far enough away from me for me to get a good picture. I took five pictures and this was the best one. Sorry his face is blurry, but you can see his spiffy splint on his hind leg. He will be our first full-size buck on the farm; he is a la mancha, which explains the lack of ears.

Yesterday was such a roller coaster of emotions. It's nice to have another mellow day on the farm, and the weather is beautiful again! Buds are forming on the trees, and all the ewes are getting udders, which means lambing isn't far away. This morning I noticed four turtles sunning themselves on the side of the pond, and after lunch, I went outside and gave the ducks some crackers on the pond. As soon as they saw me coming, they started swimming straight towards me. I wonder if that means they're spoiled ... maybe just a little bit.

I'll be spending more time outside this afternoon, checking fences, observing animals and just relaxing.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails